About the business
Evergreen Life Care is offering RN’s an opportunity to apply for casual and permanent part-time shifts covering morning, afternoon and evenings including a short 5 hour afternoon shift between 3 – 8:30pm 7 days a week in our 106 bed Residential Aged Care Facility in West Gosford. The role will lead our care team to deliver outstanding quality care to our residents.
About the role
By leading the care team in delivering high quality, you will be asked to further liaise with residents family, complete daily documentation and Care Assessments and also actively work in our clinic. Reporting to the Care Manager, you role will encompass:
- Resident Documentation and Care Assessments
- Wound Management
- Responsibility for the safe administration of medications including S8’s
- Handover ensuring clear communication between all positions
- Dally shift reports to Care Manager
- Oversee compliance activities including WH&S, staff documentation and resident care
- Provide staff supervision and guidance tot he care staff, ensuring a smooth operation of daily tasks
Skills and experience
You will be a motivated Registered Nurse with experience in a supervisor or management role. You will have a passion for aged care and be someone who takes pride in delivering the best possible service to our residents and believe in creating an environment in which our residents are comfortable and safe.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- At least 3 years’ experience as an RN
- Current registration with AHPRA (Division 1)
- Current National Criminal Record Check
- Current CPR or Senior First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse team
- Previous experience in Aged Care
- Knowledge of ACFI, Care Planning and Accreditation Standards would be beneficial
- Outstanding customer service, communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to work alone and as a team.
Applications to be sent to the Facility Manager, Ann Young at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be notified. Offers of employment will be subject to probity checks. Please note to apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.